Friday, July 23, 2010

Messages from Mary

So we haven't been able to message back and forth with Mary Beth since the move to Gulu, but this week she was able to get on the Internet twice and I gleaned some information from her messages back to me. Let me see if I can provide a synopsis ... I told her that David and I had 9 kids in the nursery Sunday, and she said, "Well, try that times ten every day!"  She said that she'd been able to get online (Wednesday) because it was their shopping day. Sleeping in tents for the last part of this trip (originally 2 weeks in tents now equals 4 1/2 weeks in tents) has been challenging, as they have had nights of torrential rain when everything was soaked. And, while she's anxious for home Mary Beth reports that "right now I need to be here because it's where I'm supposed to be. This is a much needed change in my life, and I'm so glad and wouldn't change this experience for anything." She sent David a message indicating that he would be pleased with the outcome of this trip!

She misses lots of things too. Like: Kampala, her cousins, us (YEAH!), friends, church, ice cubes ("you don't understand how much I miss ice cubes!), chocolate chip cookies and hot water.

And what's she excited for (besides coming home and going to get her ears pierced with Grayson?)? "I'm so excited for just movies on the plane and foooooooooddddddd!" Sweet. And, in her words, "I love you all soooooo much! MWAH!" (By the way, that's a kiss!)

Here's a photo of the group from Emily. Mary Beth's in the back -- in that pink WAC sweatshirt. Oh my! Can you imagine being outside today in a sweatshirt?  God bless and love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment