Of course as parents, we're very interested in making sure the trip is well-supervised and safe, so we've been interested in finding out about the leaders. Emily Barnes is the Project Director and will supervise Mary Beth's C trip (June 14 to August 5) while Jana Cobb and Chris Biddix will be team leaders. There will be two shorter (A and B) trips that overlap, so Mary Beth will meet those folks and their leaders too.
GE has a Uganda 2010 with Global Expeditions facebook group that you can follow and see some more of the people who are going to Uganda this summer.
Here are the bios of the leaders sent to us by Global Expeditions:
Emily Barnes- C trip Project Director
I am extremely excited to serve as one of your PD’s this summer. I have been serving with Teen Mania and Global Expeditions since 1998 (Mexico twice, Costa Rica, Panama, South Africa, and Thailand). I also lived overseas in Thailand for four years, serving at a Christian missionary run school. I moved back to America in 2008 and moved to Colorado Springs and the Rocky Mountains to be closer to my nieces and nephew. I’m originally from Ohio, so a true Ohio State Buckeye to the core! I’m in my 11th years as a fourth grade teacher, and love kids immensely.
We are all going to have an amazing time together changing the world. Be prepared for God to really change your heart as well. You’ll be challenged in a way like never before. I pray you come with a humble heart ready to serve and grow.
Jana Cobb- C Trip Team Leader
Hey guys! My name is Jana Cobb and I’m going to be a TL on Uganda C! I am SO EXCITED about this trip and meeting all of you! A bit about myself: I’m 22 years old and I live in Texas (the San Antonio area). I’m a junior in college in which my major is English. I’ve been on four trips in the past with Global Expeditions; I’ve been to New Zealand, Cambodia, Thailand, and Costa Rica. They all have been amazing experiences and I’m expecting the same for this summer!
I want to encourage you guys to continue working hard in preparation for this trip. Keep on fundraising and praying for this trip because all of your hard work will pay off mightily. A scripture that comes to mind is Philippians 3:14, “I press toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus”. Although you may get tired or discouraged preparing for our trip, or even during our trip, keep pressing on toward the goal, which is ultimately eternity being changed for Christ!! God has called us to do great things this summer and I know that God wants to use each of you in a mighty way. I believe that each of you is called to change a life this summer, if not more. So when you get discouraged, think of the goal!!!
Know that I love you guys and that I’m praying for you. I can’t wait to serve the people of Uganda with you! Cheers!
Chris Biddix- C Trip Team Leader
Hey Uganda 2010!!! I am from Fayetteville, NC, and currently and a students at Liberty University in Virginia, studying Inter- Cultural Studies and Linguistics. Upon competing school in the next year, I want to do Bible Translation among an unreached tribal group. I was an intern for Teen Mania Ministries working for Global Expeditions from 07-08. Since 2005 I have been going overseas (Peru, Honduras, Thailand) and this summer will be my fourth time to Uganda. It is a incredible place hungry for truth!! It is also lively with energy, so get ready for some great dance parties!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment